Questions to Ask All Cremation Providers
No matter who serves your family, we want you to receive service that is comfortable and dignified. If considering a cremation provider for the first time, we advise that you ask questions before making a decision. Among cremation service providers, level and quality of services vary greatly. Know up front what services will be provided, when things will take place, and what the total cost for desired services and merchandise will be.
Below are several of the services that differ among local cremation providers. All of these are services always available to all the families we serve and part of our standard fee. Frankly, they are our regular way of doing business.
- Does your staff handle all phases of the process up to the cremation itself? YES, WE DO.
- Are you available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and 365 days a year? YES, WE ARE.
- Do you answer your phones personally 24 hours a day, every day? YES, WE DO.
- If a death occurs at my home, are you available to come within the hour? YES, WE ARE.
- When you arrive at my home after a death has occurred, is your staff trained and compassionate? YES, OUR STAFF IS THE BEST TRAINED IN THE AREA.
- Do you offer a comfortable, convenient location to initially discuss arrangements and to later receive the cremated remains? YES, WE DO.
- Does a licensed professional discuss and oversee the details? YES, ALWAYS.
- Before cremation occurs, do you offer a private and dignified farewell for the immediate family? YES, WE DO.
- Do you assist with newspaper notices, if desired? YES, WE DO. PLEASE NOTE THAT NEWSPAPERS THEMSELVES OFTEN CHARGE FOR DEATH NOTICES.
- Do you provide a complete internet obituary and guest book? YES AND IT IS AVAILABLE INDEFINITELY.
- Is cremation performed quickly after the death certificate is signed and cremation permit secured? YES. How quickly? WITHIN 24 HOURS.
- When are certified death certificates typically available? WITHIN TWO BUSINESS DAYS.
- Do you assist with Social Security, Veteran’s affairs, and insurance policies? YES, WE DO.
- Do you offer aftercare and bereavement services? YES. VISIT GRIEF RESOURCES FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR COMPREHENSIVE SERVICES.
- Do you charge extra for a deceased who is overweight? NO, WE DO NOT.
- Which of the aforementioned services do you charge extra for? NONE.
- Do you have comfortable and convenient facilities for memorial visitation and/or services? YES. VISIT LOCATIONS TO LEARN MORE OR VISIT US.
- Do you have staffing and supplies for memorial services at a church or other location? YES, WE DO. Are supplies ready in a timely and professional manner? YES, THEY ARE.
- Do you have a comprehensive, affordable, and top-quality selection of memorial service supplies, cremation caskets, urns, keepsakes, and markers? YES. VISIT CREMATION MERCHANDISE AND MARKERS AND MONUMENTS FOR MORE INFORMATION.
- Are you an independent, family-owned business? YES, WE ARE. VISIT FAMILY OWNED FOR MORE INFORMATION.